Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Episode 13

Links to past episode: Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8 Episode 9 Episode 10 Episode 11 Episode 12

Episode 12 Recap

Previously on Survivor, Timothy was spared after playing his hidden immunity idol and the majority alliance took out one of the biggest flipper in the game, Jezabel. With his time in the game counting down, Timothy played hard at the immunity challenge. When he was given a chance to step down to win chocolate cake for the tribe, he continued to stay on the perch to win immunity. In the end, he lost focus while negotiating terms to stay. Back at camp, Priscilla found the re-hidden hidden immunity idol and contemplated using it on her closest ally, Timothy. However, she felt that she would be left vulnerable at the next tribal council still in a minority. At tribal council, Timothy called out the majority alliance for being in control, but it was to no avail as Siying and Priscilla joined them to create an unanimous vote against Timothy, sending him packing as the thirteenth person voted out and the fifth member of the jury.

Then, the castaways went through another immunity challenge back-to-back. Jianhong and Zhenyang dominated the first two parts of the challenge because of strength, but got stumped at the final puzzle portion, and they watched Siying pulling away and clinching her first immunity win. Back at camp, Siying felt invulnerable with the necklace and started to work with Priscilla against the majority alliance. However, her tactics on Baowen and Ruth got leaked to Jenyun, who was the queen, and Jenyun was furious that she is starting these small revolutions against her alliance. At tribal council, Ruth and Baowen made it clear that they are going to move forward with people they are comfortable with and are not risking anything for Priscilla. In the end, Priscilla, pulled out her hidden immunity idol to cancel out 5 votes cast against her. In the end, Siying and Priscilla got their way as their only 2 votes send the most powerful player, Jianhong, out of the game as the fourteenth person voted out and the sixth member of the jury.

6 are left, who will be voted out tonight?


Night 33

Priscilla: *confessionals* That felt awesome! I think Siying and I are now tighter than before and we have a better chance of staying in this!

Jenyun: *confessionals* I am so furious right now. Priscilla kept an idol and used it to blindside my closest ally. This calls for war.

Zhenyang: *confessionals* To be honest, I was quite glad that it was Jianhong leaving and not me. I am definitely not sitting in the Final 3 with Jianhong around because he would definitely sweep up the votes, so I am a little relieved.

Baowen: What happened? Did you know Priscilla had the idol?
Siying: Yeah, she sort of told me right before tribal.
Baowen: And you didn't tell me?
Siying: I tried to get you to flip but you wouldn't listen.
Baowen: Luckily I wasn't the target, or you are definitely not getting my vote.

Baowen: *confessionals* Right now, I am not going to believe anything that sly Siying says. She has been playing with my feelings and trust for a long time and I am not sure if I still know who she is.

Siying: *confessionals* I feel that Baowen and I are losing that connection. This is bad for me. Right now, I need to work Ruth over so that Priscilla and I can still stay around without me having to use my idol.

Ruth: *confessionals* So one of us got blindsided. I am a little happy because that increased my chance to sit in the final 3. And there is no blood on my hands! Good job to the girls!


Day 34

Ruth: *confessionals* So this morning, Siying and I went to collect treemail, and you guessed it, she tried to convince me to flip again.

Siying: Ruth, Jenyun's Final 3 doesn't have you. You are her 4th from the very beginning.
Ruth: Yeah, I sort of knew. I was planning to win the final immunity challenge anyways.
Siying: And you sitting next to them will not do you good.
Ruth: But it's better than sitting next to Priscilla when all of her allies are on the jury.
Siying: Look, Jenyun played a huge strategic game. She would want you gone and bring Zhenyang and Baowen, now that Jianhong is gone. You are not in her consideration.
Ruth: I will give it some thought.

Siying: *confessionals* I am trying my hardest to turn Ruth against Jenyun so that I can keep my idol for next tribal council. Also partially because they have 4 and they can split the votes now. If I use the idol on myself, Priscilla would definitely be voted out at the revote. And next tribal council, I would be left with nothing to fend for myself. So hopefully, I can win immunity or Ruth can flip to our side to cause some damage.

Ruth: Look what's in treemail!
Siying: It's a SPRINT phone! LOVED ONE VISIT!

*SPRINT phone shows message from loved ones*

Baowen: *confessionals* I almost cried when I saw my brother on the phone. It's like a dream come true.

Yixuan: Come on in guys!

*Zephrent tribe walking in*

Yixuan: Today's reward involves you spending some quality time with your loved one!
*everyone screams and break down in tears*

Bringing in Baowen's brother!
*Baowen's brother walks in*

Yixuan: Ruth's mother!
*Ruth's mother walks in*

Yixuan: Jenyun's father!
*Jenyun's father walks in*

Yixuan: Siying's brother!
*Siying brother walks in*

Yixuan: Priscilla's husband!
*Michael Phelps walks in*

Yixuan: Zhenyang's good friend!
*Zhenyang's good friend walks in*

Yixuan: Alright, for today's challenge, you will be scooping water from the ocean. Then, you must toss it to your loved ones, who will attempt to catch the water in another pail and then dumping it into their buckets. First pair to fill their bucket wins Reward. Want to know what you are playing for?
Castaways: Yes!
Yixuan: The winning pair will board a plane and be flown to a neighbouring island where you will experience blowholes, a natural phenomenon, while enjoying burgers and soft drinks. In addition, you will bring along the Palm Pre phone by SPRINT to capture all your memories. Worth playing for?
Castaways: *cheers loudly*

*castaways get into positions*

Yixuan: Survivors, ready? GO!

Yixuan: Everyone to a quick start. Zhenyang with a small lead over the girls. Being the only guy left is definitely advantageous. Water splashing all around! No one catching a lot of water. It takes practice. There is a steep learning curve. Everyone throwing their water again! Jenyun's father with a nice catch. Siying's brother with a nice catch. Zhenyang's friend catching almost a whole bucket. They are pulling away. Jenyun is right behind! Baowen's toss is not strong enough. Her brother is getting annoyed. Priscilla slowing down! Ruth's mother is slowing things down for their team! Right now it's Jenyun and Zhenyang fighting for the lead.

Yixuan: Siying not far behind! A very nice catch by her brother, this could help make up a lot of ground. Zhenyang's friend misses the entire bucket! It's going to cost them some time! Jenyun steadily supplying water to her dad! They are halfway there! Siying right behind! They are not giving up! Baowen and Priscilla slowly falling out of it. Zhenyang with a disastrous toss. All the water got flung to Jenyun's father! Jenyun's father taking to opportunity to catch the water to extend their lead! Ruth trying to catch up desperately but her mother couldn't keep up! Siying with a great toss and working well with her brother. It looks like Jenyun and Siying are almost done! Jenyun with another toss. Her father catching most of it! Great teamwork there! Is that enough? Jenyun's dad filling the bucket and it overflows! JENYUN WINS REWARD!

*Zhenyang tossing pail to the side*

*Siying throws pail away*

Yixuan: Jenyun and father, come on over. You will be spending the afternoon together!
Jenyun: Thank you.
Yixuan: And here's a surprise, you can bring one more person and their loved one. Who's it going to be?
Jenyun: Definitely Zhenyang. If not for his accidental help, Siying would have won.
Yixuan: Zhenyang and friend, come on over. Jenyun and Zhenyang can spend the afternoon with their loved ones. And now, I will allow you to choose one more person!
*everyone pleading for Jenyun to choose them*
Jenyun: I will go with Baowen.
Baowen: Thank you so much!
Yixuan: Baowen and brother, come on over!

Yixuan: Priscilla, Siying, Ruth, say your goodbyes to your loved ones and grab your stuff, head back to camp.

*Priscilla and Michael Phelps share a passionate kiss*
*Siying and her brother hugged*
*Ruth and her mum hugged*

*Priscilla, Ruth and Siying leaves*

Yixuan: Jenyun, Zhenyang and Baowen, you guys will be heading out right now and you can capture all your photos using this awesome phone! Head on out!

*Jenyun and father, Zhenyang and friend, and Baowen and brother boards planes*


Blowholes

Baowen: This is so pretty! Thank you so much for picking me Jenyun!
Jenyun: No problem!
Zhenyang: Yeah, thanks so much!
Jenyun: I just want to have some time alone with you guys. I am thinking of us 3 going to the final 3. There is no better option. Ruth is too likeable. Priscilla has too many friends on the jury. Siying is going to be a target for bitter jurors. So let's send them packing next.
Baowen: Sounds good!
Jenyun: I have Ruth with us as a 4th but she doesn't know it. She thinks she is in the Final 3 with us.
Zhenyang: I think having Ruth in the Final 3 will be really disadvantageous for us.
Baowen: Yeah, I don't trust Siying anymore. She has been really sneaky these few days. I don't even know what to believe now.

Jenyun: *confessionals* My only reason for picking Baowen over Ruth for the reward is to offer her the final 3. And it seems like she has fallen out with Siying. Best timing for me ever.


Zephrent Camp

Ruth: *confessionals* I was really bummed that Jenyun chose Baowen over me for the reward. And that really sucks! I thought we were really tight but apparently not.

Siying: *confessionals* Jenyun picked Baowen instead of Ruth for the reward. I was like "YES! This is my chance to work my magic!"

Siying: I told you that you are their 4th.
Ruth: I know. But I still don't trust Priscilla.
Siying: You just have to trust me. When you are in the Final 3 with us, who cares about trusting Priscilla?
Ruth: Priscilla has 5 friends on the jury, are you sure you want to go there with her?
Siying: Well, I am definitely not going there with Jenyun.
Ruth: Why?
Siying: She is too scheming and she is a strategic threat. No way am I going to pit myself against her.
Ruth: You have a point though.
Siying: Trust me. I will get Priscilla to vote our way. In the case of a final 2, I will definitely bring you along.
Ruth: I really need time to consider.

Siying: *confessionals* I hope that I can get to Ruth this time. I really need people on my side right now, and Ruth is a good addition.

Ruth: *confessionals* I think getting rid of Jenyun is a good idea. But going to the Final 3 with Siying and Priscilla is not. What to do?


Day 35

Jenyun: We are solid for Final 3 right?
Ruth: Yeah. But why didn't you bring me for the reward?
Jenyun: I needed to gain the trust of Baowen so that she will vote with us to the Final 4!
Ruth: How do I know that it's true?
Jenyun: You can go ask Zhenyang if you don't trust me.
Ruth: Alright, alright. I believe you.

Jenyun: *confessionals* I was offended when Ruth tried to interrogate me. I mean if you don't trust me, you have more to lose because I would not hesitate to kick you off this tribe. I am Queen Jen, don't forget.

Ruth: *confessionals* I am a little wary of what Jenyun is telling me. But I guess it's better to go with her than to go with Priscilla.

Siying: How's the reward?
Baowen: It's good. At least I don't have to listen to your lies.
Siying: Look, Jenyun is trying to get into your head.
Baowen: At least she hasn't lied to me and she is truthful to me.
Siying: She is going to dispose you at 4th, can't you see?
Baowen: Nope, I am going to the Final 3 with her. You are the one who is going to be dumped.
Siying: Fine. I can't be bothered to get through you.

Siying: *confessionals* Talking to Baowen confirmed my suspicion. Jenyun is using her to replace Jianhong. We need to get Jenyun out now.

Baowen: *confessionals* I think I drew the line clear with Siying. I don't want to work with her again.


Day 36

Yixuan: Come on in guys!

*Zephrent tribe walking in*

Yixuan: First things first, Siying, I will take back the necklace.

Yixuan: For today's challenge, you will be competing with your arms stretched out. Using the tops of your hands, hold two poles against an overhead board. If you lower your hands slightly, the poles will drop and you will be out of the challenge. Last person left standing wins Immunity and a spot in the Final Five. Get to your spots.

*castaways get into positions*

Yixuan: Survivors, ready? GO! And the challenge is on its way.

Yixuan: This is a very simple concept challenge. You just have to keep your arms there. Once you slacken, your poles will drop. And you will lose immunity. Think about it, immunity is very important right now, there is only 6 of you. Baowen stumbling a little. Jenyun drops her poles, she's out of the challenge. Baowen drops her poles too, she is out of the challenge. Zhenyang, Priscilla, Siying and Ruth fighting it out.

*3 minutes elapsed*

Yixuan: This is a mentally and physically draining challenge. The longer you are at it, the harder you need to dig deep. Priscilla giving up and drops the poles, she is out of the challenge! 3 people left! Zhenyang against 2 girls.

*5 minutes elapsed*

Yixuan: Siying dropping out of the challenge by throwing her poles on the floor. She is starting to rotate her arms to get blood flow back. 5 minutes in and we are down to 2. Ruth and Zhenyang, this rivalry is becoming like a broken record. Who will win immunity?

*10 minutes elapsed*

Yixuan: No one showing any signs of weakness. No one wants to give up immunity at this stage. Immunity is the only thing that can keep you safe right now.

*15 minutes elapsed*

Yixuan: Zhenyang trying to stretch his arms. He has been in this position for 15 minutes and the lack of blood flow is getting uncomfortable. Ruth wobbling a little. Zhenyang in trouble, his poles moving to the edge of the board. Ruth is trembling to keep her poles intact. This is going to be a very close showdown. Zhenyang's poles are less than half an inch away! Can he hold on long enough? Ruth's drops her right hand all of a sudden and her poles falls off! ZHENYANG WINS IMMUNITY!

*Zhenyang thrusts his hands into the sky*

Yixuan: Zhenyang, come on over.
*puts immunity necklace on Zhenyang*
Yixuan: Zhenyang is safe from tonight's vote and guaranteed a spot in the Final 5. As for the rest of you, your dream is going to end after 36 days. Grab your stuff and head back to camp, you have the afternoon to figure it out.

Ruth: *confessionals* I really wanted to win immunity so that I could at least try to use it to dictate where the votes should go. But right now, I think my best bet now is to follow Jenyun's vote.


Zephrent Camp

Siying: *confessionals* Getting back to camp, I know Priscilla and myself are at the bottom. So I made no hesitation to work on Ruth and even Zhenyang.

Siying: Ruth, how about you flip and vote with us? At least cause a tie so that we have a chance to fight and stay in this game.
Ruth: I really don't know girls. I haven't had the time to talk to Jenyun and to be honest, I am afraid that I might be the vote tonight.
Siying: Priscilla and I won't vote for you if you help us definitely.
Ruth: Let me talk to Jenyun before I come to my decision.

Zhenyang: So it's Siying tonight?
Baowen: Do you think it's safer to split the vote?
Jenyun: I am not too sure, we didn't find any clue at the reward. Do you think another idol could be hidden?
Baowen: Siying could have found it earlier on, like back in Zephyr.
Zhenyang: That's likely.
Jenyun: Alright then, Zhenyang and I will vote for Siying. Baowen, you are Ruth will vote for Priscilla. I will go tell Ruth.

Jenyun: *confessionals* After the immunity challenge, Baowen got paranoid that Siying has the idol. And so, for safety considerations, we are splitting the vote tonight. I want to make it such that their opinions are heard so that they won't backstab me for no reason.

Ruth: I think we should vote out Baowen tonight. Think about it, she is a jury threat. And after this, we can still have a majority of 3 over Siying and Priscilla.
Jenyun: I don't think so. She is weak at challenges. We can beat her!
Ruth: But I think Zhenyang and I can continue to cling on to immunity necklaces.
Jenyun: I still feel that it's a risky move to take out Baowen now.
Ruth: Alright. So we are voting for Priscilla?

Jenyun: *confessionals* I didn't want Ruth to know that we are splitting in case she might entertain other thoughts in her mind. And I didn't want her to get too uncomfortable.

Ruth: *confessionals* I am starting to get really uneasy that Jenyun is refusing to get rid of Baowen. And with Zhenyang hogging immunity necklaces, it will be difficult for me to win too. What should I do?

Priscilla: Zhenyang, do you think you are safe all the way to the Final 3? After all, it's all girls right now.
Zhenyang: To be honest, no. That's why I will be going on an immunity run all the way to the Final 3.
Priscilla: Make your life easier and vote with us. Get rid of Jenyun and I will even go to the Final 2 with you.
Zhenyang: You've got to be kidding me. You kept your idol to save yourself instead of Timothy, why would I trust someone like you?
Priscilla: Because someone like  me won't win the jury.
Zhenyang: Forget it. Save your saliva.

Zhenyang: *confessionals* Priscilla must be mad to think that I would sacrifice what I have and work with her.

Priscilla: *confessionals* I am so dead if I don't get someone to flip right now.

Ruth: I think you are right. But even if I flip, we are going to tie it.
Siying: Force the tie, and if you are uncomfortable after that, you can revote to vote that person out. Who are the targeting?
Ruth: Priscilla.
Siying: Oh, force the tie please.

Siying: *confessionals* When Ruth said their target was Priscilla, I was like "oh go ahead and tie it. And if you want vote Priscilla out after that". That way, I know I can use my idol at the Final 5 and hopefully win the Final 4 immunity.


Tribal Council

*Zephrent tribe walking in and sitting down*

Yixuan: Now bringing in the members of the jury, Siaun, Pohchoon, Waisin, Jezabel, Timothy and Jianhong, voted out at the previous tribal council.

*Siaun, Pohchoon, Waisin, Jezabel, Timothy and Jianhong walking in*
*Jianhong giving a wink*

Yixuan: Alright, let's talk about the challenge. Ruth, one of the strongest female players this season, battling against Zhenyang, the remaining male in this season. Ruth, how do you feel?

Ruth: Well, you win some, you lose some. Zhenyang is a strong player and it really take a lot out of me to beat him.

Zhenyang: And Ruth is agile too. I remember her beating me in the ropes challenge sometime back.

Yixuan: Baowen, looking at this, what can you say about the rivalry?

Baowen: I think it's a good thing I guess. If they feel threatened by each other, they would vote each other out and I can sneak past it unnoticed.

Yixuan: Exactly. Jenyun, you haven't been the strongest in challenges as well. What do you make of it?

Jenyun: I feel that as long as my alliance stays strong and focused to complete what we are supposed to do. We will all be fine.

Priscilla: But that would mean that Siying and I won't be fine.

Yixuan: How important are alliances this late into the game?

Jenyun: They are huge. Without the immunity necklace, they are the next big thing in this game.

Siying: But someone in that massive alliance is going to end up getting 4th. And would have been 5th, if Priscilla hadn't played her idol.

Baowen: Alliances are built on trust. You cannot expect people to follow you if they don't trust you.

Siying: Well, then prepared to get 4th place.

Priscilla: Siying and I are just two people. Anyone can join us to go into the Final 3, instead of staying in their current 4th place. So, if the 4th place to realize this fact, they should be jumping over in a heartbeat.

Yixuan: Wow. Jenyun, worried that it might be you tonight?

Jenyun: I have faith in my alliance. So no.

Yixuan: Baowen?

Baowen: A little. Ever since this argument sparked between me and Siying, I think that she has been trying to get me out.

Siying: You think too highly of yourself.

Yixuan: Alright, with that it's time to vote. Zhenyang, are you keeping your necklace?
Zhenyang: After this crazy scene, definitely.
Yixuan: You cannot vote for Zhenyang, everyone else is fair game. Baowen, you are up.


*Baowen voted*
Baowen: I am just praying for the idol to be flushed out and not get voted out.


*Zhenyang voted*
Zhenyang: Come on, play your idol and lose your ally.


*Siying voted*
Siying: You have been a really manipulative person and you should be on the jury.


*Priscilla voted*
Priscilla: Hopefully, today marks the end of your so-called alliance.


*Jenyun voted*
Jenyun: You have been very courageous to go against me last tribal council. Today, you shall face my wrath.


*Ruth voted*
Ruth: Hopefully, this is the correct choice for tonight. Because I am playing to win.


Yixuan: I will go tally the votes.

*collects votes*

Yixuan: If anyone has the hidden immunity idol and would like to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*everyone looks at Siying*

*Siying shifted in her seat*

Yixuan: Once the votes are read, the decision is final. Person voted out would be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.









First vote, Siying









Second vote, Jenyun
*Jenyun glared at Siying*









Third vote, Priscilla
We are tied. 1 vote Siying, 1 vote Jenyun, 1 vote Priscilla.









Fourth vote, Siying
That's 2 votes Siying, 1 vote Jenyun, 1 vote Priscilla.









Fifth vote, Jenyun
We are tied again. 2 votes Siying, 2 votes Jenyun, 1 vote Priscilla, 1 vote left.
*Siying and Jenyun feeling nervous*

















































Fifteenth person voted out of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains and the seventh member of the jury, Jenyun.

Yixuan: That's 3 votes, that's enough.

*Jenyun stood up in disbelief*

*jury members are all jumping*

Yixuan: Jenyun, the tribe has spoken. *extinguishes torch* Time for you to go.

*Jenyun walks away speechless*

Yixuan: I think it's safe to say that someone felt unsafe at the bottom and decided to make a move to better his or her position. Grab your stuff head back to camp.

Jenyun: I think my biggest mistake is to not listen to Ruth more. I definitely think that she is the one who flipped and I think that Siying really did a good job capitalizing on my mistake. Kudos to you. I am really proud of myself for making this far and orchestrating so many good moves.

Tribal Council #15:
Baowen - Priscilla
Jenyun - Siying
Priscilla - Jenyun
Ruth - Jenyun
Siying - Jenyun
Zhenyang - Siying



Yixuan
02:14